Monday, September 1, 2008

NR Happenings

Extreme Scramble #3

I had a blast visiting my brother down in Hartford Connecticut and running the Extreme Scramble 5K on the Riverfront Plaza. I was excited to make this my first official race in the Vibram FiveFingers barefoot running and am happy say I still finish under 20 minutes. I think I was the only one scrambling when the course went over a rocky gravel path other that not much of a scramble or anything resembling extreme, only a nice scenic run along the Connecticut River banks. Very fun time I enjoyed the free beer, food and music after the race and there’s nothing like a quick 5K to get the legs moving again, I still live by the words “breath easy run long”.

Race Results















Upcoming Events
Recently I was selected as member of the 2008 Team Dunkin’ Donuts Sponsored Ambassador Team. The program presents the perfect opportunity to share my passion for running while promoting the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle through the Team DDSMART Zero to 5k. I look forward to helping my team members train/compete in a 5k race by coaching, inspiring and encouraging them all the way to the finish line. I’ll be posting updates once the training program gets under way. If anyone’s interested in Team DDSMART Zero to 5k please feel free to email me at northernrootsrunning@hotmail.com.

YouTube of the Week

Need Motivation?


Quote of the week
If someone says, 'Hey, I ran 100 miles this week. How far did you run?' ignore him! What the hell difference does it make?.... The magic is in the man, not the 100 miles." - Bill Bowerman

No comments: