Thursday, June 5, 2008

SPROUTS

I'm a little delayed in getting out the past weekend happenings with my Century week. Very happy to report everyone did well and had a good time at this weekend’s Corrib Road Race. My wife Cathy, her cousin Maureen and Beth made this their debut 5K, congratulations on training and reaching your goal.



As for me after this 5K I live by four words “breathe easy run long”. The last five I ran was the Vasque Artesian Park 5K I managed to finish in 20:36 while pushing the two kids in double jogger and placed in my age group, with this in mind I was looking for a PR and the possibility of placing top ten. The race started at noon and the temps where approaching the high 80’s. It was warm and I felt a little out of place toeing the line with the front of the pack but it was good to see a few New England Track & Trail shirts in the mix. The start was wild and I got boxed-in a few choice words where exchanged towards me then I took off like a spooked horse leading the parade of 1,708 runners for about a quarter of a mile while thinking in my head “hey where is everyone”. I new I blew a PR by going out to fast it’s always better to start in the back and move your way up to the front than it is to start in the front and move your way to the back so when I approached my kids I pulled in and cheered on the runners with them while I waiting for my wife, I enjoyed the time spent running/walking and crossing the finish line with her. The free beer and free food line was almost as long as the race so we all headed back to our house for some good eats and drinks while the kids and I enjoyed cooling off with the garden house.

RACE RESULTS

QUOTE OF THE WEEK - My own personal quote “Breathe Easy Run Long

YOUTUBE OF THE WEEK -





UPCOMING EVENTS

Little NorthernROOTS


Holy Name Family Fitness Day

My daughter’s runningROOTS are growing and just as much as she enjoys riding in the jogging stroller with me she wants to take her own steps into the world of running. Sometimes on these outings she’ll run a few meters on the trail and for fun she always picks the hilly parts watching her run up/down the hill with such enthusiasm and joy makes me a proud daddy maybe one day we’ll both run long distances together. She has the perfect form head to toe, if you watch kids run they’re a great example of how we should be running. On Saturday her school is having a family fitness day and we’re all looking forward to cheering and ROOTing her on.


W.A.R Against Ovarian Cancer 5K Walk and Run

The Night Owls Screechers are off to another race this Sunday for a wonderful cause. Good luck beat the heat stay cool out there.

Mark your calendars for June 29th the 1st Cape Cod Beach Safari

The New York Marathon lottery was held on June 4th and believe it or not I got accepted, I only wish I was this lucky when it came to the Western States lottery back in December.


Its Friday…bottom’s up!

No comments: